7:51 PM

Why I hate baseball

Is this a typo? If not has such a thing ever happened before?

MLB

Texas vs.
Baltimore
30
3

F

This is a perfect example of why I hate baseball, especially regular season baseball. I was noticing that yesterday Baltimore beat Texas 6 to 3. How does that happen from one day to the next? Would the Cowboys ever lose to the Redskins 14 - 6 and then come back the very next day and beat the same team 182 - 21? It is all because in baseball the game relies far too heavily on one man - the pitcher. If he is on fire then it does not matter if the rest of the team sucks. On the other hand the rest of the team could score 29 runs, but (as apparently happened here) the pitcher could always give up 30! In my opinion baseball, as with dictatorships, puts too much power in the hands (or arm) of one guy.

This game must rank 4th for all time greatest moments in Ranger's history behind 3 things that Nolan Ryan did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is EXACTLY why I hate baseball!

Anonymous said...

By the way, the Nolan Ryan comment almost made me shoot milk out of my nose.

Anonymous said...

Personally, as someone who grew up a Rangers fan---living outside of Baltimore... I am LOVING life today. I have called about 6 people telling them that my internet access is down, and I am just trying to figure out what the score of the early game was.

M said...

I've learned to leave the milk and other beverages in the glass before I check your posts. I too have had a couple of near nasal catastrophes.

If you havn't checked out the Frank Caliendo on Letterman bit it is a can't miss. I am pretty impressed with his Madden, but more so of President Bush. I loved "buenificate" and "synonym, that's my favorite flavor. I had Synonym Toast Crunch for breakfast this morning." Too much.