5:27 PM

Oh My God What's Your Name My Name's Lyle

I couldn't resist making this lyric from Lyle Lovett's song "Redneck Woman" the title of this post, but it has little to do with what comes next.

If you are not familiar with Lyle's music, it difficult to categorize so I won't bore you with an explanation. But I came across this YouTube clip that I wanted to share here. The song is called "Flyin' Shoes" and is Lovett's cover of the song "To Live's to Fly", written by Townes Van Zandt, which explains the images in the video.

So, I encourage you to take some time away from whatever you are doing and give this a listen. If your day does not improve by a factor of 10, I will refund every dime. Enjoy.

2 comments:

jeanenevanzandt said...

You mean, Lyle Lovett's cover of the song written by Townes Van Zandt, "To Live's to Fly".

The song title is engraved on Townes' tombstone.

JLVZ

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeanene, I have made this correction. Great song.